If you’ve ever looked for YouTube downloaders online, then you already know you have plenty to choose from. However, if you are looking for free solutions and if you have certain standards, then you could use all the help in the world sorting from all the available options. We’ve put together a complete list of YouTube video downloader tools along with their descriptions and top features. We covered all possible type of video downloader YouTube from browsers extensions, third-party software and online services.
- YouTube Video Downloader App Solutions
- Browser Extensions Video Downloader YouTube
- YouTube Video Downloader Online
- YouTube Premium – Best YouTube Video Downloader
Standalone Apps to Download YouTube Videos
If you want more control when it comes to downloading videos from YouTube, the third party software delivers what you need. After installing and opening the app, you will need to paste the URL of the video and you are good to go. With numerous formats, quality settings and additional features compared to the online services, here are some of the best standalone YouTube video downloader apps. Slow downloads can be a pain. Keep in mind that if you are using mobile data to download YouTube videos then you need to boost mobile coverage in order to improve your download speeds and maximize the potential of your mobile data.
Airy – Best video YouTube Downloader
With Airy, YouTube video downloading is made simple thanks to the extremely friendly user interface and numerous finishing touches you can apply. All you need to do is paste the link of the YouTube video you wish to save, in the interface of Airy and that’s it. This YouTube downloader video tool comes with several resolutions from 144p to 4K and it also supports the download of multiple videos at the same time or even entire playlists. It can be used as a MP3 downloader as well and, if you want to, you can also integrate it with all the popular web browsers.
- 4K resolution supported
- You can download entire YouTube playlists and multiple different videos at the same time
- If you want a flashy user interface, you might want to look for another solution
- Only MP4 and 3GP formats available for video downloading
Any Video Converter
If you want to unleash the power of an all-in-one suite of programs that can download, convert and store YouTube videos on your computer, Any Video Converter is the way to do so. This YouTube video downloader guarantees excellent results and it can be used on multiple top streaming websites. It is a software that was designed for those that wish to have more options than simply grabbing videos off YouTube. Even if you only want to download YouTube videos fast and securely, this is still an excellent option as it is fast and easy to use. You can choose from multiple formats and quality settings as well as the type of files you want to save from a website.
- Free YouTube downloader video tool
- If you are looking for an ad-free experience, this is your go-to software
YTD Video Downloader
After you install and open the YTD Video Downloader you will be able to choose between the pro version or the basic one. This is an excellent feature that allows you to do a real-time comparison between the two sides of the software. In the free version, you can download any video you like but you won’t be able to download multiple videos at the same time. If you want to be able to download bulk videos, you should go with the pro version and that will also unlock multiple other features. Also, if the source video does not come in high quality, you won’t be able to go for an 1080p quality since YTD is just a YouTube video downloader, not a quality converter.
- You get a free version with complete functionality when it comes to downloading videos one by one
- It can be used on dozens of sites, not just YouTube
- The last update of YTD took place in 2017
- If you want more features, like multiple downloads at the same time, you need to buy the PRO version
Winx YouTube Downloader
With so many interesting and appealing YouTube videos online, it is normal that users want to be able to save and store their favorites for offline viewing. And the best way to do so is through a high-quality YouTube video downloader like Winx. This is an excellent software that can be used on Windows computers and it enables users to download videos from over 300 streaming websites. Everything from movies, TVshows, documentaries, music videos or even adult films can be downloaded with Winx. Just like with the other download tools presented above, you just need to paste the URL for the video you wish to download and you get started.
One of the most impressive features of Winx is its dynamic analyzer, this means that you can get access to the newest codes when the YouTube algorithm changes. The user interface is neat and clean so that any user can access all its features with no difficulties.
- Winx is free to use YouTube video downloader
- Just copy and paste the video link in the Winx interface
- Choose from multiple formats for the final video file
- It offers fewer features compared to some competitor YouTube downloaders
- It doesn’t offer the possibility of batch download
The Best Browser Extension YouTube Downloaders
Compared to standalone apps, a browser extension that downloads videos from YouTube and other sites will save you the step of having to download and install the software. On the other hand, you can expect a reduced functionality and even some compatibility issues. You are going to find out everything about YouTube video downloader Chrome extensions as well as other browsers in the following section.
A simple to use and efficient YouTube downloader for Chrome, Addoncrop comes with a wide list of formats for video files like 3GP, MP4, FLV or WEBM. It also comes with several quality settings for your videos and it works only with YouTube. Another thing you should keep in mind is that Addoncrop can only support 20 minutes of streaming as a default. For anything longer than that, like big videos or playlists, you should check the settings of the browser extensions and make the necessary changes. Overall, you can download all your favorite YouTube videos and use Addoncrop without making any compromise.
Flash Video Downloader
Switching to a Mozzila Firefox add-on, we have the Flash Video Downloader that comes with just as many options and functions as any other browser extension. It is actually developed by Firefox so you can be certain there will be no compatibility issues or bugs when using this YouTube video downloader to grab your favorite YouTube videos. And since it is aimed at any flash video, it can be used on more websites than just YouTube. Just like many other downloaders out there, it won’t allow downloading of any copyright videos and even though that restricts the sites where you can download from, it is still an extremely useful browser extension.
Video Download Helper
Continuing the list of browser extensions that help you download YouTube Videos, we have the Video Download Helper. An extension that was mainly built for Firefox, you will be able to use it on Mac or Windows with the same functionality. For the fast and efficient service it delivers, this extension is considered to be an excellent solution for those that don’t want to install standalone apps for YouTube video downloading. It can save videos in 1080p resolution and the compression on the videos is also pretty good. For example, a 1080p 2-minute long video from YouTube should take around 30MB of space on your local storage.
Online Services as YouTube Video Downloader Solutions
If you are against the idea of installing software on your computer and even the thought of a browser extension seems like too much of a struggle to get your favorite YouTube videos, this section is for you. Websites that are dedicated to downloading content from YouTube and many other streaming sites are available on the Internet and come with a lot of functions and interesting interfaces. You can choose from multiple quality settings and file formats and even the prefered destination for the final file.
Don’t get fooled by the name of this website, Clip converter offers way more than just downloading short clips from video streaming websites. You will be able to download entire videos from Youtube and other sites as well. You have to get the video URL, insert it in Clip Converter and select if you wish to get the entire video or just the audio in it. By hitting Start, the download process starts and you will find the downloaded file in the default folder of the browser you are using. Clip Converter also comes with a plugin for Safari, Chrome and Firefox if you want even more ways of downloading your videos.
- Multiple formats and the possibility to choose between video or audio
- You might get an error message when trying to download a video that is protected by copyright, even though the error message does not clearly specify the issue
Online Video Converter
If saving videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or Dailymotion is a must for you and you don’t want to waste extra time on installing new software, the Online Video Converter website has to be among your bookmarks. You get to choose from seven video and audio formats, giving you the possibility to save videos compatible with any device. Moving on to the actual download process, you should expect no extra steps or complicated procedures, just paste the URL and the download button will appear almost instantly.
- Can download videos from a multitude of top websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or Dailymotion
- You won’t be able to download longer videos with this online service so if you are planning on downloading entire channels or bigger videos, you should look for dedicated software.
YouTube Premium – Is It Worth Paying for Downloading YouTube Videos?
For those of you that didn’t know what YouTube Premium is, you are looking at the official YouTube download option. It is a paid service that provides you with a viewing experience that does not include any ads or interruptions. Also, for $11.99 per month, you can download a series of Youtube videos directly from the YouTube interface. Now, if the price of YouTube Premium is really worth it compared to $0 that you pay to use any of the suggested solutions, that’s a discussion we are going to focus on.
What Does YouTube Premium Offer
Well, for the price you pay, you can be sure to receive a long list of advantages. Perhaps the most important of them all comes from the fact that you won’t get any ads when viewing online YouTube videos. Of course, being able to download videos for offline viewing is another excelltn features, however, you have to do so in the YouTube app you downloader.
A complete list of what you get from YouTube Premium:
- Videos without ads – watch long videos without getting annoying ads that ruin your viewing experience. Of course, if the video you are watching is a commercial one, there’s nothing that can prevent the creator of the video to promote a certain product.
- Downloading Videos – any video on YouTube becomes available for download and you can watch it without internet. You don’t have too much quality setting to choose from, however, the download is very fast and you have no limit on how many videos you can download. You need to know that any video you store offline is available for 30 days only.
- Background Play – we’re sure that you’ve encountered this issue with standard YouTube already. Not being able to play YouTube in the background means you have to keep your screen on and battery gets drained quickly. Premium allows you to lock the phone and the player continues playback.
- YouTube Originals – just like Netflix, Amazon and other streaming services, YouTube has started to produce its own original series. Cobra Kai is an excellent example in that direction and you can be sure that there will be more titles to come.
Reasons Not to Pay for YouTube Premium
Well, first of all, all the YouTube content is already available for free. And if you don’t mind the apps or you are using an Adblocker, you get the same ad-free experience without paying one cent. Also, if you are not interested in downloading the files on your device, then you can use the $11,99 to get more useful stuff.
The bottom line about whether to buy YouTube Premium or not comes down to the type of YouTube user you represent. If you use YouTube as the main source of videos and entertainment, perhaps the $11,99 per month is not such a big cost. However, if you are only casually using YouTube and rely most on other streaming services, then you should just stick to the free version.
Now you have a complete image on all the YouTube video downloader options when it comes to standalone apps, browser add-ons, online websites and YouTube Premium. All you need to do is explore each of these options and find your favorite. Please share your process with us and use the comment section below to tell us of any tools we may have missed and complete the list with your favorite tools.